Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs

From: Jeff Clough
Subject: Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:04 -0000

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

>> Firemacs addon for Firefox has most Emcas keybindings set by default,
>> and they are configurable:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4141
>>
>> I use with w32 Firefox and Emacs but Mozilla says this plugin works with
>> Mac and Unicoids too.
>
> Thanks!

Just to warn you, I tried this with Firefox running under Windows too.
It worked passably for a couple of days, then started falling over in
bizarre ways.  Keybindings stopped working in certain contexts, did
things the ought not to do or did nothing at all.  I have no idea what
version of the add-on that was, so maybe they've fixed it.

Then again, I have this cloud around me that eventually makes any piece
of technology go all non-deterministic and freaky, so maybe it was just
me all along.

Jeff