Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs

From: John Bokma
Subject: Re: Failing to see the allure of Emacs
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:03 -0000

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> Jeff Clough <jeff@chaosphere.com> writes:
>
>> There are still things I leave Emacs for, such as surfing the web.  My
>> usage patterns for using things like Facebook, YouTube and a few forums
>> make this much easier to do in a mouse and dedicated browser that Just
>> Works.  That said, 90% of my time is spent typing at an Emacs window.
>
> Yes, for heavily graphical web sites, Firefox is passable (too bad it
> doesn't emacs key binding by default, I never took the time to configure
> it so).  But for most of my web browsing (ie. software documentation),
> emacs-w3m is perfect.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4141 maybe?

I am going to try it because I've been bugged too often the past weeks
by Firefox doing things 'wrong' (e.g. C-s doesn't do what I expect from it)

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico -  http://johnbokma.com/