Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:06 -0000

+ "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadncup@gmail.com>:

> On Apr 5, 6:21 am, Harald Hanche-Olsen <han...@math.ntnu.no> wrote:
>> + "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadn...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> > I googled it, and found that
>>
>> > defaults write $HOME/.MacOSX/environment PATH "$PATH"
>>
>> > will make it work, but in my case, it does not work at all.
>>
>> Did you remember to log out and back in afterwards?
>>
> Of course, I did, but no luck.

Hm. Well, it should. (It's the loginwindow program that reads the file
and puts the data in its environment, and all your other processes
should inherit from it.) It works for me. Maybe you're better off asking
in some Mac group. There must be something odd about your setup, I think.

  -- Bertrand Russell