Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH

From: queries0
Subject: Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:07 -0000

On Apr 5, 6:21 pm, Harald Hanche-Olsen <han...@math.ntnu.no> wrote:
> + "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadn...@gmail.com>:

> >> Did you remember to log out and back in afterwards?
>
> > Of course, I did, but no luck.
>
> I think something is odd with your mac setup, not with emacs.
> Try locating your Finder process (ps uxww | grep Finder) and inspect its
> environment with  ps eww PID,  where PID is the pid of your Finder
> process. If the PATH value you set in .MacOSX/environment is not present
> in the output, this is not an emacs problem, and you're better off
> asking in a mac newsgroup.

For what it's worth, I am running Emacs 22.3.1 on OS X 10.6.3 and I am
having (and have had under previous OS versions) similar problems to
Daniels's.

In the Emacs shell, my .zshrc and .zshenv customizations (my login
shell is /bin/zsh) are not recognized, even if I explicitly $ source ~/
zsh* the files.

My workaround is to use either Terminal.app or an X windows terminal,
but I agree that it would be much better if Emacs recognized my
default shell, and its customizations.