Re: How to update modelines of all displayed buffers

From: José A . Romero L .
Subject: Re: How to update modelines of all displayed buffers
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:51 -0000

On 16 Kwi, 09:19, Cecil Westerhof <Ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
(...)
> > (defun update-mode-line-all-buffers ()
> >   (save-current-buffer
> >     (dolist (b (buffer-list))
> >       (set-buffer b)
> >       (buffer-update-mode-line))))
>
> This does all buffers. Is it possible to do it only for displayed
> buffers?
(...)

You could try something like this:

(mapc
 (lambda (b) (set-buffer b) (buffer-update-mode-line))
 (delete-dups
  (mapcar 'window-buffer
          (apply 'append
                 (mapcar 'window-list (frame-list))))))

though if you refactored your buffer-update-mode-line to accept the
buffer as parameter you could write this a bit more elegantly:

(mapc 'buffer-update-mode-line
      (delete-dups
       (mapcar 'window-buffer
               (apply 'append