Re: How let speedbar know to parse a specific file?

From: Daniel (Youngwhan)
Subject: Re: How let speedbar know to parse a specific file?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 27, 11:48 am, Lowell Gilbert <lguse...@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadn...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am using speedbar to browse source code, and it parses Makefile as
> > well. Wonderful.
>
> > One thing I want to know is that my project has a different name of
> > Makefile, such like Makefile-other.
>
> > It looks that the speedbar does not recognize the different file name
> > of makefile (Makefile-other), and does not parse it. If it is
> > Makefile, then it surely parse it correctly.
>
> > Does anybody know how I can let the speedbar recognize the Makefile
> > with different name?
>
> I think that it's based on the major mode, so you need to get emacs to
> recognize the appropriate makefile-*-mode as applying to that file.

Thank you for the reply, Lowell,

I am not familiar with Lisp language, so could you help me how I can
set up for the major mode properly, please?

I tried to open it as GNUMakefile mode by adding this in .emacs: (add-
to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\Makefile-other\\'" . makefile-gmake-
mode))

But, for speedbar, it still does not parse of it. (or even directory
view, it does not show up the Makefile-other as well.

Could you educate me how I can let the major mode change for the
different makefile name?

Daniel