Re: fontification problem with PODs

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: fontification problem with PODs
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 04:32:05 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-12-09, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe
>
> What I learned in this thread is that one simply has to stick with the
> bundled version of cperl-mode.

> So if you need a newer version of cperl better upgrade emacs, since
> the newest version is in the repository now.

AFAIU, the question is not whether the version is "newer" or "older",
but whether it is mine or not.  My versions work.  Bundled do not.

Moreover, preloading a bundled version breaks something when somebody
loads mine version later.  Sorry, I cannot investigate it since
computers around do not have anything runnable which is newer than
v21 (which does not preload)...

Hope this helps,
Ilya