Re: Column-number-mode ordinality question

From: Smith_RS
Subject: Re: Column-number-mode ordinality question
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:40 -0000

I got a little further.  Instead of hacking directly on bindings.el I
located bindings+.el, put it in site-lisp, and that overrode things
the right way.

The problem is that the "eval" construct doesn't get eval'd every time
the cursor moves.

Also, you can't mix %l and $d in a format that way.  I tried this and
it didn't work:

             (10 (:eval
                  (propertize
                   (format " (%d,%d)" (current-line) (1+ (current-column)))
                   'local-map mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map
                   'mouse-face 'mode-line-highlight

This works better but does not update frequently enough:

               (5 (:eval
                (propertize
                 (format " C%d" (1+ (current-column)))
                    'local-map mode-line-column-line-number-mode-map
                    'mouse-face 'mode-line-highlight

It's close, but not quite.