xelatex menu option does not show

From: Tariq
Subject: xelatex menu option does not show
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,

I have this code in my .emacs file and it worked very well until a few
days ago. It was kindly given to me on this forum. With this code,
when a buffer with fontspec package is opened, I used to see an option
XeLaTeX under the Command menu. Today, however, I do not see such
option. I have opened and closed Emacs just to make sure.

My computer had crashed yesterday when I was working in Emacs but I
did not see any other issue with Emacs performance. I have been
working on other LaTeX files since reboot without any apparent
problems. Still, something is not right. Could the computer crash have
done some damage to my Emacs? How can I fix it? BTW, I am running
Ubuntu 9.10.

Thanks for your help. Regards,

Tariq

;;Code from .emacs

;;set xetex mode in tex/latex
(defun my-latex-mode-hook ()
      (add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
                   '("XeLaTeX" "%`xelatex%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
t))
      (setq TeX-command-default
            (save-excursion
              (save-restriction
                (widen)
                (goto-char (point-min))
                (let ((re (concat "^\\s-*\\\\usepackage\\(?:\\[.*\\]\
\)?"
                                  "{.*\\<\\(?:font\\|math\\)spec\
\>.*}")))
                  (if (re-search-forward re 3000 t)