Re: buffer management in emacs

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: buffer management in emacs
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 09:51:51 -0400

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> The emacs buffer management problem really has to do with emacs's lack
> of closing file command. There's kill-file, but it requires you to
> confirm, even a saved file. Plus, there's no keyboard shortcut for it.
> So, this tends to get people to leave behind lots of opened files.

Isn't 'C-x k' (kill-buffer) basically a file closing command? It doesn't
require confirmation for files that are already saved, and the file that
the buffer was visiting is then removed from the buffer list. Or am I
misunderstanding what you mean by 'close file'.

Also, I can't find kill-file on my emacs (GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2), did you
mean kill-buffer to begin with?

Tyler