Emacs server problem

From: Roger
Subject: Emacs server problem
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 16:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

I have two Macs, both running OS X 10.6.3. On one of them I'm running
Gnu Emacs 22.2.1, downloaded (I believe - it was a while ago) from
emacswiki.org. On the other, I'm running Gnu Emacs 23.1, the latest
stable build for download.

On the 22.2.1 machine, I can start emacs server (M-x server-start) and
it works just fine. On the other machine, M-x server-start appears to
work fine, but on invoking emacs-client, I get "server not found -
have you started the server?" or something close to that.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.