create-image on console emacs

From: Gary
Subject: create-image on console emacs
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 21:56:15 +0200

Can anyone explain to me why If I use emacs in the console and call
create-image I get a message like "Non-X frame used" (whether I use an
X11 binary or non-X)? I don't get this at all.

The reason I ask is that I am trying to use the code from
http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_html.html (*waves*) and as I said to Xah
Lee off-list, while it may well be necessary to (for example) get an
image's dimensions in order to display an image, the reverse is not
true. Other console tools are able to do it fine, for example
ImageMagick can tell me the dimensions from the command line:

$ identify work/web1/Bilder/aussen.jpg
work/web1/Bilder/aussen.jpg JPEG 874x583 874x583+0+0 DirectClass 8-bit
58.75kb

X doesn't need to get involved until such time things actually (try to)
get displayed.
Gary