how to enable syntax highlighting for some shell script files?

From: xiaweitang
Subject: how to enable syntax highlighting for some shell script files?
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:57:53 -0700 (PDT)

My emacs does syntax highlighting for C++, latex files, and also .Xdefaults,
.xinitrc and so on. However, it doesn't do for other files like .inputrc and
/etc/conf.d/local.start. My local.start file :

# This is a good place to load any misc programs
# on startup (use &>/dev/null to hide output)

# disable wlan0 LED blinking
echo phy0assoc > `find /sys/devices/ -name iwl-phy0::assoc`/trigger
&>/dev/null

# from http://my.opera.com/xliot/blog/
if ! test -p /lib/splash/cache/.splash; then
rm /lib/splash/cache/.splash &>/dev/null
mkfifo /lib/splash/cache/.splash
fi