Re: can't maximize emacs at startup

From: Gary
Subject: Re: can't maximize emacs at startup
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 20:10:00 +0200

Jean Felder wrote:
> I'm currently using emacs 23.2 on debian sid.
>
> I like starting emacs maximized using a trick from fvwm

If it's really a "trick" then maybe it shouldn't work? I don't know,
since I don't use fvwm.

> In fact, I'm launching emacs daemon at startup with the command "emacs
> --daemon" Then, I'm using "emacsclient -c"

What happens if you don't use --daemon and emacsclient? I've found
several things* that work using emacs "normally" but not when using
emacsclient :( I get the impression (and it really is just that) that
less testing is done with emacsclient than with the main emacs program.

* For example only today I had the situation that emacsclient would
  always say "Entering debugger"ยด(and then hung) when I started it, even
  though /usr/bin/emacs worked just fine, without complaint. Eventually,
  clearing my .desktop fixed it. Just an example.

--
Gary