Hide/show support for C++ triple-slash Doxygen markup?

From: John Yates
Subject: Hide/show support for C++ triple-slash Doxygen markup?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 18:09:23 +0000 (UTC)

I use Doxygen's triple-slash syntax to markup my C++ code.  There are
two important cases which arise:

1) block markup comments which are the sole element on the line and may
   or may not begin flush left; e.g.

class foo
/// A one sentence brief description of foo.  The elaboration can
/// continue on for many lines.
{
};

void foo::bar
    /// A one sentence brief description of bar.  The elaboration can
    /// continue on for many lines.
    () const
{
}

2) trailing markup comments which always follow some number of C++
   tokens earlier on the first line but may still spill over onto
   subsequent lines; e.g.

class foo
{
    int  _var1;                 ///< A brief description of _var1.
    int  _var2;                 ///< A brief description of _var2
                                ///< requiring additional lines.
}

void foo::bar
    ( int arg1                  ///< A brief description of arg1.
    , int arg2                  ///< A brief description of arg2
                                ///< requiring additional lines.
    ) const
{
}

I wonder what hide/show support exists to deal with these conventions.
The most important cases are the block markup comments.  Ideally I would
like to be able to eliminate these altogether, meaning that I would
prefer not to waste a line simply to indicate presence of a folded
block markup comment.  Instead I would like a fringe marker, a la

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hideshowvis.el

/john