Re: Tramp interference

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Tramp interference
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:50:01 +0200

> Yes thanks, I also guessed it was ido-mode to blame, but I for example
> deleted all the instances of ssh: from .ido.last and same result.
>
> It gets stuck until a connection to that server is actually availbale...
> AI don't find much also on the net, strange because I think many people
> use ido+tramp, right?
>
> Thanks

So noone else got the same problem?

I thought that changing this variable would have done
  (setq ido-enable-tramp-completion nil)

But still emacs at boot time tries to see if the server is reachable...
Why should it care at all I don't understand.
Definitely it's a problem from ido-mode but I don't see other things to
configure to stop it...