Auto revert mode but only for git projects

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Auto revert mode but only for git projects
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:52:14 +0200

When using branches with emacs reverting the buffers can be quite
tedious.

But also activating auto-revert-mode everywhere is not such a good idea.

So I thought that I could automatically activate auto-revert-mode BUT
only when
1. I'm in a git repo
2. I have at least 2 branches

What could be the cleaner way to do it?
Textmate.el has already something to look if it's a git repo, then I can
check for more branches with
git branch | wc -l
for example and maybe add a hook in find-file-hooks?

Could that work?