Re: How to jump to running emacs with emacsclient

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: How to jump to running emacs with emacsclient
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:53:50 -0400

Chris Newton <redshodan@gmail.com> writes:

> Are you using metacity or compiz for your window manager? Metacity ignores
> raise requests in many versions. I noticed that raise finally works well in
> stock ubuntu 10.4 with gnome and compiz. Not sure about metacity though.

I'm using gnome with compiz under ubuntu 10.04. I was surprised to learn
that Emacs could order the WM around in this fashion but it seems to
work perfectly. I haven't tried metacity as my compiz settings tend to
get screwed up when I switch compiz off and on again. As per the
subsequent discussion in the thread, I am now using the simplified
version

emacsclient -n --eval '(select-frame-set-input-focus (selected-frame))'

Dan