Re: Mako template mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Mako template mode
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 01:15:02 +0200

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Andrea Crotti
<andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> After some research I've found that the powerful nxhtml mode can support
> it via MUMAMO.
>
> All looks very nice, but configuring it like that

>  (load (concat conf "nxhtml/autostart.el"))
>  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.mak$" . mako-html-mumamo))
>  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.mako$" . mako-html-mumamo))

Oh, thanks. Seems like I forgot to add a file extension. I added
".mako", but not ".mak" since that is used by other programs.

> It doens't unfortunately work with this very not clear error..
> Any idea?

Yes, add a bug report on Launchpad so we can investigate what is wrong:

  https://launchpad.net/nxhtml

> I don't care so much about syntax highlighting, but I would like for
> example to be able to define snippets (yasnippet) for mako for example
> that work only in the files ".mak", which I have not clear yet how to do
> without defining a derived mode for example.

> MU:mumamo-fontify-region: Assertion failed: (not (mumamo-fun-eq
> (mumamo-main-major-mode) this-maj)), t
> ** In buffer new_person.mak
>  backtrace()
>
> nxhtml looks a bit "aggressive" also with a lot of stuff implemented
> inside it which is maybe also somewhere else, is that just my
> impression?

That must be wrong. It is very friendly, even kid-friendly too. ;-)

I placed some of the stuff on EmacsWiki first, but found that just led
to more bug reports because people where using old versions. To save
time I put everything in one package. (Some parts have been put on
EmacsWiki later by other people.)

In a few cases I have taken other peoples' package and put them in
nXhtml because they are used in nXhtml (or I want to avoid trouble
because there are several competing packages with different bugs). I
see no better way at the moment. I have suggested a dynamic package
handling that can ask you if you want to download a package, but there
has so far been no interest in such a package handler. (I have such a
package handler in nXhtml, so the code already exists, but some parts
must be changed a little bit for more generic use. Though that is
quite easy.)