Re: Smooth scrolling

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: Smooth scrolling
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 14:40:26 -0500

Thanks Deniz,

I already did my part. Hopefully they will take it into account and
think about it.

As a side-note, I think emacs has *lots* of potential to be
"mainstream" -- but not in the bad sense. I don't really care if it is
as popular as Textmate or not, and I know it takes guts, time and
effort to actually be productive on emacs, but we all know that, once
we have the skills, it becames the one true editor.

However, I do feel we need to "modernize" many aspects of emacs. I'm
not talking only about the application itself, and I'm not also
talking about huge changes, but we do need to bring emacs to the new
century with some sublte changes like this one, while keeping its
essency, of course.

My 2c,

/Marcelo.