Re: "Set default font" on Windows doesn't take permanent effect

From: Jesse W. Wilson
Subject: Re: "Set default font" on Windows doesn't take permanent effect
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:53:29 -0600

Some problem with setting the default font on Win 7 here. The next time I open emacs, it forgets.

On 7/8/2010 8:44 PM, Deniz Dogan wrote:
2010/7/9 Glauber Alex Dias Prado<smade4@gmail.com>:
Deniz Dogan<deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com>  writes:

I used the menu in Emacs 23.2 (on Windows 7) to set the default font
but it doesn't seem to have any permanent effect. Nothing about the
change is stored in ~/.emacs.

Any ideas on what might be going on?
you can try changing the font as you described then M-x customize-face
RET default RET and try saving the change, not sure if this will work
though as i dont have a windows box to test, but it should i think.

But the "menu method" should work, so I'm just wondering if there's
something I'm doing wrong here. If this is a bug, it's a pretty
important one...