Re: bookmarks and find-file

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: bookmarks and find-file
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:04:47 +1000

I'm still looking for the holy grail of fast access...
The thing is that now I have my nice bookmarks to some directories, but
when I do find-file (ido-find-file actually) I have no access to them.

So what I normally do is just jump to the bookmark and then find-file
from there, which is a bit slow...
Any idea to make them work together?

Something like C-x C-f <bookmark name>/file.xyz
would be nice...

a rather crude solution (that works) would be to put
(setenv "bm1" "mydirectory1")
(setenv "bm2" "mydirectory2")

in your .emacs

then you could do: