Re: vc-dir and Bazaar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: vc-dir and Bazaar
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:47:24 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:45:19 +0200
>
> > AFAIK, support for distributed features on VC(-dir) is still
> > missing. What you can use are the features common with centralized
> > systems: commit, diff, log, etc.
>
> How can I do that with vc-dir when I can't get a listing of any files at
> all?

The commands pointed out by Óscar usually make sense on so-called
"interesting" files -- those you have uncommitted changes for, those
that were not add to the VC, etc.  And vc-dir is documented to show
only those "interesting" files.  In your case, evidently there are
none.

IOW, before you can meaningfully use vc-dir, you need to do something
worthy of it ;-)  E.g., modify some file.