Re: Changelogs, really useful?

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Changelogs, really useful?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:15:51 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> Generate the changelog from the VCS in use when you Make the program.

That looks like a nice solution, but sometimes the message is general
("some small changes"), would that add one entry log for every tiny
function slightly modified?

Or maybe it could be an interactive thing where I choose only what is
really interesting?

I found a couple of scripts (one [1] there), I'll see if they make sense...

But it makes more sense to generate when I commit instead of when I make
the program I guess.

[1]
http://blog.cryos.net/archives/202-Git-and-Automatic-ChangeLog-Generation.html