Re: System operating detection

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: System operating detection
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:19:10 +0200

Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:

> I think you need to show your usage patterns for the variables you have
> defined for a better answer. How are you using the results?
>
> That said, maybe just define sysop and then load-library a filename stub
> concat'ed with the sysop along the lines of
>
> (load-library (concat "os-specific-" sysop))
>
> is a better approach? And then os-specific-win etc all contain their OS
> specific details.

Well actually I only have some
(when mac
      (do something))

(when linux
      (do something else))

A library with the os-specific stuff might be better, but now I have
everything in the org-file divided by "chapter" (windows, buffers,
frames etc). Doing "system" libraries like that would break a little bit
this model.