Re: Simple copy & paste problem

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Simple copy & paste problem
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:14:47 +0200

Joel James Adamson <adamsonj@email.unc.edu> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Joel James Adamson <adamsonj@email.unc.edu> writes:

>>> How about drag and drop?  Does that work on OS X?  Select the text, then
>>> drag it to Emacs.  That's usually what I do when I want to go from
>>> Firefox to Emacs.
>>
>> You can't do that if emacs and firefox are on differents desktops.
>> But you can use mouse2 (don't know for OSX).
>> You can use that also:
>
> Hi Thierry,
>
> What do you mean I can't?  I do that all the time.  Do you mean desktops
> as in virtual desktops, as in many X window managers?  As I said, I do
> it all the time.

Hi Joel,
yes i mean desktop of X window managers, they are called groups in my
window manager (stumpwm).
I don't understand how do you drag and drop if you have not the emacs
window and the firefox window on same frame or desktop.
Though i don't use the mouse often, so may be i miss something, thanks
to explain ;-)

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: