git mergetool again

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: git mergetool again
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:24:01 +0200

I really have to solve this before I go completely insane :D
It's more a problem of git but could make life easier to many emacs
user, so I think it's not offtopic.

Anyway I like emerge and it would be nice to use it to solve conflicts
with git.
Now the default configuration for me is really bad, because it opens a
new emacs, loads the WHOLE configuration and in short doesn't work at
all!

So I read again the doc and ended up with something like
[mergetool "mymerge"]
        cmd = 'exec /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient -e
\"(ediff-files (getenv \"LOCAL\") (getenv \"MERGED\") (getenv \"REMOTE\"))\"'
[merge]
        tool = mymerge

after trying all possible easier solutions.

but now way it doesn't work.
I just need to fire up the editor with ediff-files on those three files,
which at the call moment are part of the environment (I think).

Not sure I need the getenv but the thing is that I have no way to get
the f***** actual command used by git for emerge.

I tried all possible magic combinations with git config, but no way it
doesn't spit it out..
Any help is welcome :)
Thanks