Filtering files in dired while invoking

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Filtering files in dired while invoking
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:26:58 -0700

Hi,

I was trying to filter the files listed in a dired buffer. Filtering
with one shell glob works fine, but how do I pass multiple shell globs
to dired?

What I 'm looking for is to list files as they would be listed by,

$ ls -l *.C *.h *.cxx

I couldn't find any reference to this in the info manual. But the
docstring for dired says this,

      (dired DIRNAME &optional SWITCHES)

      If DIRNAME is a cons, its first element is
      taken as the directory name and the rest as an explicit list of
      files to make directory entries for.

How can I achieve that? Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Suvayu