Smarter filtered yasnippet

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Smarter filtered yasnippet
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:13:37 +0200

I was wondering if it would be possible to use yasnippet in a "smarter
way".  For example now I'm working with omnetpp and there are a few
macros or things that I do quite often, but I only need here.

Yasnippet only works with major mode as far as I know, because otherwise
also a minor mode would work correctly.  Anyone did something like this?