How Do I Remove Text Properties?

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: How Do I Remove Text Properties?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:29:06 -0400

Hello,

I recently yanked some text from the scratch buffer, which colored all
quoted text purple, to a text buffer, which does not do that. As a
result, when I began typing immediately after the quoted text (which
was still purple), the text I inserted was also purple. My question
is, how do I remove the text color?

I tried using remove-text-property or set-text-property, but M-x
didn't recognize them, and I don't know how to run Elisp functions on
buffers without using M-x.

Thanks
Noah Lavine