Re: c-style-alist

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: c-style-alist
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:00:01 +0200

PJ Weisberg <pj@irregularexpressions.net> writes:

> It looks to me like what's happening is that in the hook it switches
> to cpp-omnet-mode, and since that's derived from c++-mode it results
> in c++-mode-hooks getting run again, so it again switches to
> cpp-omnet-mode and runs c++-mode-hooks, ad infinitum.
>
> I'm not an expert and I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but one
> way I could suggest is to set a buffer-local variable to mark that
> you're switching to cpp-omnet-mode, and don't switch to cpp-omnet-mode
> again if it's already set.

That's exactly what happens, and also the solutions from Andreas doesn't
work, it still loops forever.

But I don't understand why, since if the OR is short circuiting...
But probably I never really pass to cpp-omnet UNTIL all the hooks in
c++-mode have been executed.

I don't see how the variable could help me with that,  maybe an example?

Another non related thing, I made a ned-file mode derivate of cc-mode,
because it comes handy for many things, but now is there a way to tell
yasnippet to expand ONLY the snippets for ned-mode?

Otherwise I also see all the snippets for C and C++ which I don't need
at all in this case..
Thanks,
Andrea