REPL of emacs lisp connected to instance of emacs server outside of emac

From: Sharad Pratap
Subject: REPL of emacs lisp connected to instance of emacs server outside of emacs frame/window
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:39:19 +0530

Hi All,

Briefly I am searching for emacsrepl for emacs
in analogy of Mozrepl for mozilla.

I need to evaluate few emacs-lisp sexp from common-lisp program, form slime
mailing list http://news.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel I got suggestion to
use

swank::eval-in-emacs it has worked, but later I have found it will
only work in SLIME mode inside emacs frame,

I try using swank::eval-in-emacs from common-lisp that has it swank
server opened at 4005 and emacs server has already connected to it,
I am always getting nil only.

So I am searching some other option like if running instance of emacs
(emacs server) could be connected at some port and I will be able to get
result, that I will interface into common-lisp.

For this I have tried below command after checking
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lib-src/emacsclient.c

$ cat ~/.emacs.d/server/server
127.0.0.1:41116 6414
AUTHCODE

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 41116
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
-auth AUTHCODE  -eval (message&_"hello")
Connection closed by foreign host.

But I did not got any success, do anybody know here something like this
already present, or some way I can get repl outside of emacs frame/window
basically at shell prompt that have connected to running instance of emacs
server, much like Mozrepl of mozilla.

and above telnet session at least for error giving some output

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 41116
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
-auth AUTHCODE -dir "/home" -eval sdf
-error Symbol's&_value&_as&_variable&_is&_void:&_sdf
Connection closed by foreign host.

--
Regards,
-sharad