Re: .emacs (load {user-init-file, custom-file} causes duplicate load of

From: Larry Evans
Subject: Re: .emacs (load {user-init-file, custom-file} causes duplicate load of both
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:44:05 -0600

On 11/11/10 12:26, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Larry Evans <cppljevans@suddenlink.net>
>> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 05:22:39 -0600
>>
>> "Current desktop was not loaded from a file.  Overwrite this desktop file? "
>>
>> from function desktop-save in desktop.el.gz.  A trace in that function
>> showed:
>>
>>   desktop-file-modtime
>>
>> was nil.  Further search in that file showed the only place that was
>> set was in function desktop-read.  So, in .emacs I put:
>>
>>   (desktop-read)
>>
>> However, that didn't work.
>
> Didn't work how?
>
> Having `(desktop-read)' in your ~/.emacs _is_ the right way of
> activating Desktop.

When exiting emacs, I still got the error message:

"Current desktop was not loaded from a file.  Overwrite this desktop file? "

However, as I mentioned in my last post, for some mysterious reason,
I'm no longer getting this error.

OK *maybe* I forgot to uncomment the (desktop-read) in my .emacs,
but I thought I had.  Everything is working OK now.  Wait
let me check since I'm now in emacs.  Exited emacs
and the error message doesn't occur.

Sorry for noise, but unless I'm imagining things, I did
have the (desktop-read) and was getting the "not loaded from file"
error message.

-regards,
Larry