Re: [emacs][bug]freezes typing "border:" in .css file

From: ishi soichi
Subject: Re: [emacs][bug]freezes typing "border:" in .css file
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:18:20 +0900

Thanks for your reply.  I have narrowed down the problem.

As I expected, if "auto-complete-mode" is commented out, the problem did not happen.

--------------------------------
;;auto-complete-mode
 (require 'auto-complete-config)
 (global-auto-complete-mode 1)
 (add-to-list 'ac-dictionary-directories "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/ac/ac-dict")
 (ac-config-default)
--------------------------------

But I like auto-complete-mode, though.  What am I supposed to do next?

Soichi

2010/11/14 Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM, ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi.  I am not sure if this is a bug.  Maybe it is due to the settings of my
> emacs.
> When typing "border: " in CSS file (of course, the emacs is in css-mode),
> emacs freezes itself.  And this happens EVERYTIME!
> I am not sure what to provide as the background information other than the
> phenomenon described above, here is my environment.
> Cocoa Emacs Version 23.2 (9.0)
> MacOS Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Try to narrow down the problem by starting from a clean Emacs with

 emacs -Q