Re: Alternatives to tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Alternatives to tramp
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:54:32 +0100

Gary <help-gnu-emacs@garydjones.name> writes:

> Michael Albinus wrote:
>> It is not because of Tramp
>
> In the manual you talk of making "the remote file system transparently
> accessible from the local machine". Don't blame other modes if that is
> not the case.

Tramp is a library, documented in the Elisp manual. Most of its
functions are invisible, due to the file name handler mechanism.

I acknowledge that it is a "new" library, available in core Emacs since
22.1. However, other packages shall know about, and respect it. Or not.

I believe it is not worth a flame war. I try to help improving major
modes where possible, and I did so in the past. If you want to show me
details of your problem, I'll try my best. If you don't - your decision.

Best regards, Michael.