How do I get ref info (like Zotero) from within Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: How do I get ref info (like Zotero) from within Emacs?
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:08:15 +0100

Is there any elisp library that helps me get reference information
from a web page like Zotero does it? Or is there any command line tool
that can fetch the information?

I do not know much about the possible formats for this information.
Apparently it can be meta tags on a web page like this one

  http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/67/2/146

where you can see a lot of meta tags holding the information I want.

But, unfortunately, it can be other formats too - and I do not know them.