Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:05:33 +0100

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM, egarrulo <egarrulo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forget about using Emacs for programming.  Emacs is not an IDE.

That is a strange comment. Does one always need an IDE for
programming? Although at times it is very useful, I often find it
intrusive. Also have you checked out the CEDET library for Emacs? I
use it when I am working within a framework.

As for the OP, I find putting the terminating ";" in C/C++ works best
for me while in source code and "C-j" (i.e. press and hold Ctrl then
press j) when I am inside multiline comments.

--
Suvayu