RE: Teach isearch to open invisible only if visible search failed?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Teach isearch to open invisible only if visible search failed?
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 07:19:54 -0800

> I use C-s/r for navigating around text a lot and I have found it
> slows me down in large text shown in outline structure in outline
> or org mode etc. So I wonder how to set up isearch so that it only
> opens invisible text when search in the visible fails.

FWIW, in Isearch+ I bind a key (`C-+') to toggle invisible-text sensitivity.
The standard user option `search-invisible' controls whether it invisible-text
searching on or off by default.

IOW, I treat this the same as case-sensitivity (or full-word search or regexp
search or...any other search choice).

Let the user control what to search while searching.  To me, this is better than
some DWIM that tries to second guess what I want.  Why would I (a) *always* and
(b) *only* want to search invisible text after searching visible text fails?

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/IsearchPlus