Re: forward-sentence

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: forward-sentence
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 19:24:42 +0100

Am 07.12.2010 um 18:59 schrieb Drew Adams:

This regexp shows that "end of
sentence" includes any whitespace after the punctuation, so "to next end of sentence" is strictly correct here. But I would still think that "past" would be better than "to" here, relying on an ordinary, informal understanding of "end
of sentence", which does not include trailing whitespace.

It's almost a function "next-sentence". I would also prefer a variant which ends the jump before the symbol that signals the end of a sentence ([.!?]). (I certainly need to edit the text more often than this mark. What happens when the actual sentence ends with one of many possible quotation marks?)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with simple mnemonic commands.