Re: line-move-visual

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:11:58 -0000

>> Install a version of Emacs from the mid-1970s, and you get the behavior of
>> Emacs from the mid-1970s.  What is so hard about that?
> Have you done it?

Don't know about mid-70s nor about Emacs-18, but I do have Emacs-19
installed on my Debian testing systems (and no, I didn't compile it,
I "just" kept the emacs19 package installed (well, for some of those
machines, I manually (re)installed it long after it had "disappeared").

> Do you have a clue as to what the task entails?

Yup.  I had to create one dummy package that explains to dpkg that some
X11 libs have been renamed.  IIRC that was about it, but yes, it took me
a bit of time to figure it out.

        Stefan