Re: line-move-visual

From: Joseph Brenner
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:12:46 -0000

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
> Uday S Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Coupled with these real technical issues, there are the attitudinal
>> problems of holier-than-thou, smarter-than-thou and modern-than-thou
>> and what have you.
>
> Everybody is free to join the discussions on the Emacs developer lists.
> Those who choose not to help with the work don't get to criticize the
> results.  A common democratic principle.

So... if I want to avoid breakage-on-upgrade on my system, I need to
become a member of the development process of:

  emacs
  linux kernel
  ubuntu (and presumably debian)
  x windows

Not to mention:

  apache
  postgresql
  perl
  mh-e
  mh

...and much more.

If I thought everyone in the free and/or open world really believed this,
I would've voted with my feet a long time ago.

(Maybe you should stop pretending you're our spokesman, huh?)