espresso-mode (was: line-move-visual)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: espresso-mode (was: line-move-visual)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:14:18 -0000

> maybe we can start another flamewar of a diff subject. I'm quite
> annoyed that emacs 23.2 has chosen the trivial espresso mode as the
> javascript mode and screwed Steve Yegg's far much ambitious, talented,
> and revolutionary and modern and WORKING js mode the js2-mode that
> includes a on-the-fly js language parser. I attribute it to the now
> bureaucratic inefficiency of gnu.org management... i was on the gnu

Haha!
We first installed Steve's js2-mode, and then some people complained
about missing features, then a long thread ensued, which ended up with
"let's merge the two" and that this was to be made by switching to
espresso and then adding js2's features to it (at least that's my
recollection, and Steve was part of that decision).
Of course, the "add js2's features" part hasn't materialized.

        Stefan