Re: No syntax highlighting in python mode

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: No syntax highlighting in python mode
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:08:05 -0000

On 2010-05-11, Lowell Gilbert <lgusenet@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> writes:
<...>
>>   My problem may be from a side effect of something else in my .emacs
>>      or other configuration.
>
> It may be something not under your own control, however.
> In particular, some OS distributions add their own local
> configurations to their emacs installations.
>
> I recommend doing the same test I did.  If it has the same
> problem you saw with your configuration, try the option
> "--no-site-file" as well.
  Done. And with the --no-site-file option syntax highlighting
        is the same. However, using -q
        (--no-init-file, -q          load neither ~/.emacs nor default.el)
        I have highlighting.
        I could probably find the problem by going thru my .emacs line by
        line, but I'm happy just to use 'require.
        thanks again

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com