Re: DocView Behaviour

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: DocView Behaviour
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:08:19 -0000

> Lately as I was trying out the beatifule Emacs 23.2 I had a little bit
> of a picky issue with doc-view.el when everytime I hit PageDown/Up the
> next or previous page appears but the view stays at the coordinates of
> the previously viewed page.

This annoyance (for you) is the reason I use doc-view over other PDF
viewers (which all seem unable to provide it).  This way, I set up my
doc-view window so that I just see a whole page without wasting screen
real-estate on the margins and page up/down lets me flip through
pages without having to recenter them each time.

So, why do you find it annoying?  What's your typical usage which makes
this a misfeature?  Is it because your window only displays a part of
a page so you have to move through a page to read it before passing to
the next one?

        Stefan