Re: diagnosing emacs hangs

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: diagnosing emacs hangs
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:18 -0000

Op dinsdag 22 jun 2010 10:58 CEST schreef Uday S. Reddy:

> Emacs "hangs" means that, when you type C-g and it doesn't respond. Is
> that what you mean?  That kind of thing almost never happens in my
> experience.

I have had one case. I once opened a file of 163 MB to look at it. Then
the file changed and I had auto-revert-mode on. But that was my fault. I
should have made sure that auto-revert-mode should not work on large
files. At the moment I can not remember another instance. ;-}

By the way: what is the best way to implement this and what would be a
good cut of point?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer