Re: Reading file in emacs

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Reading file in emacs
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:42 -0000

Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.dogan@gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/6/23 Qiang Guo <mcknight0219@gmail.com>:
>> I know this is best done by C/C++, or some other
>> languages. However, I just wonder the possibility of doing
>> this in emacs, the greatest editor ever :-)
>>

> C and C++ - the best programming languages for reading files.

No.  There is no operator defined in C to read files.  (You have to use
an external library, such as a unix kernel or a POSIX library).

In the case of C++ there is some standard library defined, but not to
read files, just to read sequences of bytes.  So you could argue that
it as some worth for that, but my files are very rarely sequences of
bytes...