Re: [calc] routine tasks in batch mode

From: Giacomo Boffi
Subject: Re: [calc] routine tasks in batch mode
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:50 -0000

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> But given that the purpose of calc is basically a four-operation
> calculator [...]

you are talking of M-x calculator RET, i'm talking of M-x calc RET,
let's try to reach an agreement on the object of the discussion :-)

> It might be hard to give an example of an interactive program used
> in batch...

i use routinely calc to do different tasks, mostly leveraging its
symbolic algebra abilities

some of these tasks are suspiciously similar to each other, so i
thought that i can write some support elisp that, e.g., from a file
that contains an high level description of a problem can produce a
file with the problem solution, using in the intermediate steps the
algebraic abilities of calc

in the fine calc's manual i've found examples of writing and saving
keyboard macros that contain conditionals, loops and user input, and
a description of its elisp API

clearly i have not understood the whole stuff and for starting i'd
like to read some examples of elisp programs, batch oriented or not,
that use calc elisp API do do their stuff (if such examples exist, of
course: in my OP i said that i was not able to find any on the web)

i hope that this time i made more clear my question, should this be
the case thank you Pascal for giving me the opportunity of being more
explicit

ciao,