Re: Leslie Lamport is a Jew - His book is NOTORIOUSLY uninsightful and o

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Leslie Lamport is a Jew - His book is NOTORIOUSLY uninsightful and obfuscatory
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:17 -0000

"Christian Stapfer" <nobody@nowhere.nil> writes:

> "nanothermite911fbibustards" <nanothermite911fbibustards@gmail.com>
> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>> Can one of REGULAR SYCOPHANTs of STEPHEN WOLFRAM tell me where is the
>> section of references in WOLFRAM's 1988 book on mathematica ?
>
> It starts on page xvi, titled "Background and Acknowledgements".
>
>> Does he steal any idea from LISP ?

[...]

>> What is the DEFINITION of PLAGIARISM ?
>>
>> Is it ETHICAL to use a SEMINAL IDEA from someone and not GIVE
>> ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ?
>
> Many scientists are using theories they don't feel required
> to give credit for to anyone. - Why? - Because those to whom
> they might have given credit are so well known by all who
> are in the know that is not really necessary to even mention
> them - although, of course, one might want mention them
> anyway (as to the ignoramuses: those names would  be
> without any deeper meaning to them).

Well, the original poster also did not give credit to "Mein Kampf" and
its preceding works reaching right back into Middle Ages and beyond.

It's not like he is the inventor of antisemitism and his particular
conspiracy theories, and yet he does not give his references, either.

--
David Kastrup
UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>