Re: ELPA behind a proxy with username + password: URL package issue?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ELPA behind a proxy with username + password: URL package issue?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:48 -0000

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_frm/thread/aab1727dbd0ccdc6/936a97a86b45ffe8?lnk=gst&q=url+proxy+password#936a97a86b45ffe8

E> That is:

E> machine <proxy-address>:<proxy-port> port http login <my-username>
E> password <my-password>

>From (info "(auth)Help for users"):

   For url-auth authentication (HTTP/HTTPS), you need to put this in
your netrc file:

     machine yourmachine.com:80 port http login testuser password testpass

   This will match any realm and authentication method (basic or digest)
over HTTP.  HTTPS is set up similarly.  If you want finer controls,
explore the url-auth source code and variables.

Please try that.  See the auth-source manual (info "(auth)") for more
information.

Ted