Re: load-file w/o default tramp

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: load-file w/o default tramp
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:42 -0000

gL <bike2ride@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm using emacs GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600).
>
> By default find-file (C-x C-f) uses Tramp.
>
> All my files are local, so I don't need Tramp.
>
> I suppose (w/o evidence)  that Tramp is responsible for the poor file
> open/save performance and the occasionally crashes in MiniBuf.
>
> Is there a possibility not to use Tramp?

I don't think tramp loads until you give a path that looks like a tramp
filename i.e. /host:/path/to/file or /usr@host:/path/to/file etc.

If you are seeing messages saying 'loading tramp' then either there is
something in your .emacs that is changing things or you have path names
that look like tramp paths.

Do you get the same issue without loading your .emacs?

Tim

BTW I don't get any slow behavior or crashes. Same version of emacs, on
linux.

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au